Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Day in the Life of Stacie

6:45am:  Hunter wakes up.  I think about getting him out of bed, but roll over and go back to sleep.

7:00am: Chuck gets Hunter out of bed while I sleep.  Chuck gets cereal and Hunter snacks on it while he watches cartoons.

7:45am: Chuck takes a shower to get ready for work.  I guess I should get out of bed and watch Hunter.  I lay down on the couch in the living room with my blanket and fall fast asleep.

8:30am: Chuck is ready to leave for work.  I am still sleeping.  We have family prayer and in order to be a good mom I get Hunter some breakfast.  Oh yeah, I don't feel that well either.  It's time to eat.

9:15am: Back on the couch.... asleep.

10:00am: Time to get my act in gear! I get off the couch, still tired.  I play with Hunter until his nap time.

11:15am: Hunter goes down for his nap.  I sleep on the couch.

12:30pm: Not feeling so hot.  Time to get up and eat lunch.  Hunter is still sleeping.

1:00pm: I guess I better clean the house.... a little.  Still too tired to get anything big accomplished.

2:15pm: Hunter wakes up! Time to get the boy some food.

3:00pm: Hunter plays while I fight falling back asleep.  If I sit down I will be knocked out!  Stomach is unhappy- time to get a snack.

4:30pm: I have no clue what I am going to make for dinner.  Food doesn't sound too appealing so I can't decide what to make.  I go through ALL of my recipes and look online.  There has to be something that sounds good!

5:00pm: Head to the store.  Pick up food for dinner.  I'm too tired to think.  I miss certain things on my list and walk around the store trying to figure out what I've forgotten.  Thank goodness Macey's has the big blue carts with the stearing wheels for Hunter to "drive."  That is the only way I can keep him from throwing food out of the cart.

6:00pm: Start dinner.  Chuck's home.  Dinner's late.  I'm not feeling well.  Ugh.... this is my least favorite part of the day.

7:00pm: Dinner is over.  Dishes are semi-done and Hunter and Chuck play while I take a "break."

8:00pm: Hunter goes to bed and Chuck works on his extra projects.  I turn on the tv or put in a movie.

Somewhere after 9:00pm:  Fall asleep on the couch and decide to go to bed.  The toothpaste makes me SICK so I have a debate about brushing my teeth.  Pray with Chuck.  Climb in bed.  Snoozing within seconds.

Moral of the story: It sure takes work to GROW a BABY!!  We are expecting baby #2 and while I am SO EXCITED, the exhuastion is killing me! I am 11 weeks and due Feb. 17th. =)

16 comments:

Hannah Ashmore said...

congrats!

Steph and Troy said...

We are so happy for you guys!!! I wish I could say the exhaustion gets better once your not pregnant anymore but my days still sound like yours just instead of being sick I have a crying baby that wants to be fed ALL the time :) Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see ya'llnext week!!!

Katie said...

Oh yay!

My mom told me it's ok to skip the toothpaste if it's making you feel sick (she's a dental hygienist)
Just brush a little longer and be sure to floss.

I know exactly how you feel ;)

Kristin said...

congratulations Voorhoees'! :)

kjewell said...

Love the post! So funny.

Lindsay said...

:) Such a cute post...even though you are so tired. Hooray!!

Ryan & Amanda said...

That is super exciting, but sadly it definitely takes work- A LOT- to grow a baby!

Justin and Coralie said...

Congratulations! So exciting... and I totally remember the extreme exhaustion! Hang in there! And - for sanity's sake - buy Hunter a doctor's kit. I did that with Jaden and it SAVED me. He would play "doctor" when I wasn't feeling well. My favorite? I put in a back massager and would always complain of "back pain" to Dr. Jaden. I saw it on a pregnancy blog or something and it helped me feel like a good mom (because I was playing with my child) although I felt TERRIBLE. Hang in there, girl ;)

Carolyn said...

Congratulations! It certainly IS hard work to grow a baby. Good luck surviving the exhaustion and nausea...

I'm so excited for you!

Karen and Merrill said...

Congrats Stacie! Hopefully the sleepiness will get better through the rest of your pregnancy!

Jessica nan said...

Yay!! So exciting ! I hope you get some good rest :) February is such a good month to be born in . ;)

Pablo, Syd and Charlotte said...

YAY!! Congrats!!! for a second i thought. . . is stac on that one sleepy medicine again? I'm so happy for you!!!

David & Jessica said...

Congrats! I am really happy for you guys!!

Katie said...

Congrats you two! I totally agree and feel for ya. I had no idea pregnancy would make me this tired! I hope it gets better for you soon.

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

Bethany said...

How exciting! Having two kids is fun stuff.