Sunday, November 1, 2009

October- the CRAZY month!

I feel like October has been the shortest month of all time. We have just been so busy that with so many things that I feel like October has just come and gone in the blink of an eye. Here is recap on this crazy month:


First, I got the crazy idea that I was going to make Hunter a blanket. Let me inform you that i.do.not.sew.but.i.secretly.want.to.be.amazing.at.it. It is a super cute rag and here is where you can find the tutorial. I spent many hours on this blanket and got little sleep, but I did finish it in time for Hunter's B-day.

Next, we all know that this little dude turned 1. So we had a party and I spent a couple days making tons of treats and goodies. Now... Look at these pictures below. Isn't he so handsome?! My new friend Stephanie Tueller took his pictures for us. She is amazing. Please check out her website or her blog! You have to know that I am a horrible mother. Hunter had a fever of 100.5 or a little higher and there was no other time to get these pictures done. He had his fever for 4 days! Even though he was totally unhappy through most of the shoot, she got some INCREDIBLE pictures. I am so grateful!

Then, after batting my eyes and flashing my smile, I was able to convince my husband to go to the Train concert with me. You know how we all have a favorite band from high school (which just so happens to still be my favorite band) that you listen to over and over and just LOVE?! Well, mine is Train (don't judge). They have very clean music and creative lyrics. My senior year of high school was so ridiculous and I really loved winding down to Train's music. I loved their concert and my husband enjoyed it too. I would definitely go again. It was nice to go on a date and incredible funny to watch the lead guitarist from Uncle Kracker (the opening band, which I could have done with out) flirt and hang all over the 2 women next to me.

The next day, Chuck & I went to our friend's Halloween party and had a blast! I spent the day making cupcakes and frosted and decorated the tops to look like spiderwebs. Chuck was a hockey player and I was a referee.


We stayed out way too late and Hunter decided to wake up at 6AM! You got to love when your kids do that to you. We had a good, but tired morning and then got ready to visit our old ward's Halloween Carnival that we got invited too by some friends. Hunter was a turtle for Halloween. He had so much fun and he loved his costume! He was smiling and giggling all day long.
We had a great Halloween, but had about 5 trick-or-treaters! I guess that is what we get for going to a concert instead of the church trunk-or-treat. After a month like this, it is no wonder I woke up this morning with 3 cold sores on my lips. Do you think I had a pretty stressful/exciting month?!

6 comments:

Stueller said...

Love the turtle costume!!! Now you get to rest this week right!!

Ryan & Amanda said...

Sounds so fun, I love Hunter's turtle costume! Sorry to hear about the cold sores! They are the absolute worst in my opinion! I hope you have some good stuff to help with them!

Lindsay said...

Such a cute turtle costume-and the pictures from his "photo shoot" are adorable!

Matthew and Lindsey said...

I will have to look up the quilt pattern-I have been having a hankering to sew too. I started a baby blanket-but since school has started again I am sad to say that I have forgotten about my little project :( Will have to start again. Love the new pictures too!

Carolyn said...

Sounds like a busy month! And your little Hunter is as cute as can be. All those pictures are adorable!

Jessica said...

That's a really good Idea! I would love to share these recipes!