Friday, January 16, 2009

The Dreaded Swing

Ever since birth, Hunter has been scared of his swing. Each week I would put him in there to "test it out," just in case he would magically like it. Well, today, at week 13, Hunter is asleep in his swing and it is actually moving! No tears, no cringes, no clentching of the fists- just peaceful slumber. Might I also mention that he was practically asleep when I put him in there. He did wake up, check out his surroundings, and decide that he didn't mind sleeping in the swing as it rocked him softly back and forth. As a matter of fact, he has been asleep for about 2 hours by now. I really need to make some cookies for a dinner tonight, but he is sleeping so peacefully that I don't want to wake him up.



7 comments:

Rowbs Zoo said...

Baby swings are the best thing ever invented! I hope that he continues to like it cause it will keep you sane!

Lindsey said...

Awww...he is adorable!

Katie said...

Congrats! He is so cute. :)

Kristin said...

:)! Hunter is such a doll!

Lindsay & Mackay said...

Mom 1 Hunter 321...way to go Stacie!

Katie said...

That swing is SO cute! I LOVE the fabric on it--and the owls!!

Bethany said...

It's got to be the owls that scared him. Haven't you ever seen The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock? But I'm glad that he's finally liking it. The swing was a lifesaver for me in getting dinner ready for a period of time. Carston has outgrown it, so enjoy it while it works!