Monday, August 11, 2008

Girl's Camp

Last week I was at Girl's Camp with the Young Women in my ward. We go to Camp Koholowo in Payson Canyon. I don't have any pictures (because I still don't have a camera that works), but hopefully I'll be able to get some from the girls or other leaders. We had an absolute blast at camp though! Our theme for camp was Be Yourself University (BYU), focusing on the importance of finding out who you are and realizing your individual worth. Tuesday the girls went on a hike, we decorated the cabin, did certification, ate delicious meals, watched some skits, had a fabulous guest speaker, had a homecoming queen contest and then a homecoming dance. Wednesday we did a craft and service project, a ropes course, singing in the trees, and had a dutch oven contest, which I am happy to say we took 1st place! We got a lovely ribbon, a trophy, and a huge bag of goodies for our victory. We made a gorgeous home-made apple pie that was delicious!


Thursday we had more skits, a faith walk, a talk from the Stake President, and Bishopric dinner followed by testimony meeting. It was a really spiritually uplifting night that ended with a initiation with "Queen Oogabooga." :) It was hilarious! Friday we packed up and headed home. Every leader who noticed I was 7 months pregnant thought I was crazy for going to camp, but I had a blast and I was so glad I got to plan and be apart of it. I had so much fun with the Young Women! The Stake gave us the "Most Creative" award because our decorations, skit, cheers, dutch oven entry, etc. were all amazing.

I didn't get much sleep from camp and I was so tired and exhausted by the time I got home that I actually ended up getting sick. We went to Salem Saturday night to watch the fireworks for Salem Days and it poured down rain! I got so sick from that I spent the rest of the weekend sleeping, laying on the couch, blowing my nose a thousand times, and reading Breaking Dawn.

I liked this book the best out of the series. I thought it was interesting and I liked how it ended. I don't like over analyzing it and being too critical of everything that happened in it. I think for a series about vampires, it is pretty good. I'm still sick and now that I've finished the book I'm pretty bored. I don't like not having anything to do. I'm getting more anxious for my little boy to come!

1 comment:

The Trythalls said...

I am glad you had fun at girl's camp. That is too bad you got sick though. I thought the book was a good ending to the series. Didn't it at times kind of freak you out when it talked about the baby eating through the stomach. Everytime I see someone pregnant I am like, YIKES!