Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Cedar City

I'm procrastinating big time right now. I should be typing my lesson plan for my LAST BYU observation tomorrow morning, but I would much rather write about my weekend and reminisce about the past. Conference weekend Chuck and I drove down to Cedar Cedar to spend time with Marissa and her family. We got there super early, so Chuck and I decided to go bowling. I won the first game and then Chuck kicked my trash the 2nd game (157 to like 50 something I believe.) My bowling was so pathetic that round. I blame it on the fact that my mom was sending texts and praising Chuck for his wonderful bowling. I was getting angrier with each text she sent, which shows my ability to keep focused. After bowling, Marissa and her family rolled in to town and we stayed up SUPER late talking and catching up on life. Saturday we made breakfast, watched Conference, went out to eat, and while the boys were at Priesthood session, I helped Marissa clean out her room and go through old boxes. It was a lot of fun to see things from her childhood that she had kept around. We also talked about her mission, which was really neat to hear about. Then we stayed up super late watching a movie, which I kept sleeping on and off through. I slept on and off a lot though. On Sunday, I made french toast for everyone, we watched Conference, ate lunch, and then Chuck and I headed home. It was a great visit and I was so excited to spend some one-on-one time with Marissa. I'm happy she is home. She and I tried to tell Chuck about our previous rendezvous in Cedar City, which brought back a lot of memories. Since I didn't take any pictures of the last weekend, I thought I'd post some from when we hung out in Cedar City the summer after freshman year.


Here is Marissa and I at the St. George temple. I believe we hung out at the Visitor Center and watched a movie they had. We also ate lunch at Cafe Rio and hit some of the outlet stores where we found....



what we refer to as "pickle pants." I'm not sure I still have those floating around. I may have given them to D.I., but I thought they were great! Some days I felt like a Ninja Turtle. :) I also picked up a green fuzzy pillow on the trip that I still sleep with. It is probably time for a change.

3 comments:

lindzandrob said...

Hey I'm so glad you two had fun on your trip! Are you feeling any better since I last talked to you? Have a good day!

The Moores said...

How fun! I can't wait to see Marissa-and I second Lindsey's question-how are you feeling?

Hannah LaRue said...

hey stacie, cute blog! how is married life treating you? i hear your coming here next week-hope to see you.